While Milaap encourages all of us to raise money for the causes we care about, we’ll assess each and every fundraiser during our review process to check if it qualifies to be highlighted in this initiative. Some of the criteria include:
Fundraisers for people/segments affected by the economic downturn due to Covid19 (explained in the story section of the page) Some examples, but not limited to
- Domestic help and contract staff
- Ride-Hailing services ie Taxi, Auto-rickshaw drivers.
- Beauticians, hairdressers, workers in spas
- Tourism and Aviation staff
People/Segments that continue to work with physical mobility risking their personal safety. Some examples but not limited to
- Delivery personnel
- Housekeeping staff, Conservancy workers
- Medical professionals and volunteers.
Please note that for personal fundraisers, funds raised will only be transferred directly to the beneficiaries stated on the page after their KYC and bank account verification.